The Internal Controls Analyst oversees, directs and implements processes and controls necessary to maintain a safe and sound internal control environment. This position ensures a proper control environment, related documentation, and support validation.
This position leads the assessment of the adequacy of the design and effectiveness of internal controls over all aspects of the association’s business based on risk assessments performed.
Internal Controls Program Development
- Develops and recommends an internal control program, including the areas of operations, accounting and reporting processes, security accesses, and systems
Internal Controls Program Delivery
- Plans and conducts walk-throughs of processes on a routine basis and ensures the documentation accurately reflects the processes and supporting controls
- Ensures all testing and compliance is completed and communicates results with third parties as necessary
- Identifies and implements process changes related to control needs
- Develops and delivers Internal Controls over Financial Reporting (ICFR) training to control owners, new employees, Board Audit Committee and other interested parties
- Communicates deficiencies with necessary parties, implements appropriate corrective action plans and monitors remediation compliance
- Responds to ad hoc management requests as needed
- Serves as the Association ICFR Champion by participating in the System ICFR workgroup
- Stays informed of expectations from the ICFR system workgroup and all regulatory bodies
- Coordinates efforts and communicates closely with internal audit staff
- Determines information to provide to external auditors and how to respond to requests regarding the financial statement or controls opinion audits
- Engages with other associations to identify efficiencies in delivering the internal control program
Education and Prior Work Experience
Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or a related field, and 7 years of experience with business processes and accounting relationships; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job .
Certified Public Accountant
Knowledge and Skill
- Knowledge of the 2013 COSO internal control framework
- Knowledge of financial statement assertions
- Skill in utilizing accounting systems and applications
- Skill in utilizing Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to efficiently and accurately analyze new information & situations, lead projects, and initiate change
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to identify and solve complex problems, set priorities, and see projects through to completion
- Skill in oral and written communication sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, management, other Farm Credit contacts and a variety of audiences
- Strong skill in problem solving to identify, communicate, and implement action when needed
- Skill in organizing material and information in a systematic way to optimize efficiency and understanding
- Skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of internal and external organizations and individuals to advance the organization's interests and increase personal efficacy
- Ability to work in a changing environment and adapt accordingly
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@farmcreditIL.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.