This position leads the development of and coordinates a long-range facilities plan, monitors large capital improvement projects for facilities, and coordinates facility maintenance.
- Provides information to appropriate local office staff regarding facility management issues related to vendor contracts, remodeling projects and similar items
- Completes site inspections to evaluate and assess ongoing condition of facilities, parking lots, and grounds.
- Develops and manages ongoing building, parking lot, and grounds maintenance plan, including the planning, budgeting and scheduling of activities
- Analyzes, negotiates and arranges for repairs
- Recommends facilities capital budget needs for inclusion in the business plan
- Determines housekeeping standards and negotiates contracts with vendors for the headquarter office in Mahomet
- Serves a contact point for property insurance claims
- Recommends sites for future building projects and works with broker on lot purchases
- Reviews and recommends for approval plans and specifications for building and remodeling projects
- Requests approval for capital building expenditures
- Monitors construction and remodeling projects and approves changes as needed
- Orders new furniture as needed
- Negotiates and approves contracts with outside vendors to support facilities
- Prepares and presents reports on the long range facility plan and capital improvement projects
Security and Safety
- Serves as a liaison to external local and state safety officials to ensure an environmentally safe work environment
- Ensures timely completion of inspections and code violation compliance
- Manages contractors and outsourced services for security systems
- Ensures all fire extinguishers are inspected at the appropriate times
- Coordinates installation of new locks on facilities when needed
Disposition of Assets
- Develops, recommends and coordinates plans to dispose of excess assets such as facilities, furniture, and fixtures.
- Working knowledge of facility management practices
- General knowledge of construction management practices
- Basic skills in utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel computer software programs
- Skill in establishing and maintaining relationships with a variety of internal and external contacts to advance the association’s interests and increase personal efficacy
- Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships
- Skill in negotiating agreements to achieve the best outcome for the association
- Skill in planning and coordinating large/complex projects
- Skill in balancing logic and intuition to make sound decisions in a timely manner
- Skill in utilizing a systematic approach to problem solving
- Oral and written communication skills sufficient to discuss a variety of job-related topics and to effectively communicate complex topics to a variety of audiences
Bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, engineering or a related field and 5 years of related work experience;
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job.
Must have a valid driver's license.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@farmcreditIL.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.