The Loan Accounting Administrator maintains closed loans, processes loan accounting transactions, ensures the accuracy of member loan accounts and delivers training on the loan accounting system to office staff.
Loan Accounting Transactions
- Receives loan accounting requests from regional offices
- Completes fund transfers, loan extensions, loan pricing, and loan maturity transactions in accordance with the request
- Reviews transactions completed by other loan accounting team members for accuracy
Regional Office Support
- Responds to questions regarding loan accounting operations and procedures for proprietary loan accounting software
- Makes accounting corrections as necessary and appropriate
- Provides training regarding the loan accounting system and procedures
- Reconciles assigned general ledger accounts, identifying the source of any imbalance
- Reviews and corrects over-disbursements, unposted loan transactions and out of balance accounts
- Verifies the proper execution of the note
- Verifies that the information on the face of the note is properly recorded in the loan accounting system
- Maintains the loan primarily through pricing adjustments based on any included addendums
- Monitors daily reports to determine the accuracy of transactions originated by regional office staff and external sources
- Identifies and keys corrections as needed
Electronic Loan Disbursements
- Reviews and clarifies disbursement request
- Verifies funds are available for disbursement
- Executes accounting entries to process the transaction
- Reviews transactions completed by other loan accounting team members
- May determine appropriate account to credit money to
- May ensure appropriate transaction codes are used to move the money
- May scan checks to ensure they are deposited in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite sufficient to create, update and save a variety of documents
- General knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- General knowledge of accounting principles, practices and methods
- Skill in learning and consistently applying proprietary loan accounting processes
- Skill in applying processes and procedures to factual data to make a logical decision
- Skill in processing detailed forms and documents in an accurate and thorough manner
- Skill in quickly and accurately keying data
- Skill in gathering, compiling and organizing information
- Skill in working as part of a team and collaborating with colleagues
- Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, supervisor and customers
Associate’s degree in accounting, business, agriculture or related field and at least 1 year of experience in accounting or bookkeeping; or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to perform the essential functions of the job. A
higher level of experience is desired.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@farmcreditIL.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.