Provides administrative and sales support for the regional offices’ loan volume and portfolio and provides customer service in support of creating a significant member experience.
Loan Processing and Closing
- Assists sales staff in preparing loan packages that meet procedural and regulatory requirements by:
- Assisting in the collection of personal and financial data
- Completing data entry for loan submission
- Organizing and reviewing data for completeness and accuracy
- Preparing closing documentation and post-closing certification
- Assisting in determining third party loan program eligibility using the government requirements
- Verifying adequate insurance coverage and local, state, and third party required loan documentation
- Following up on missing or incomplete documentation
- Ordering and reviewing title work and appraisals
- Completing and maintaining collateral position
- Determining location for loan closing and coordinating schedules to ensure it meets customer’s needs
- Attending and completing loan closings with sales staff as needed
- Maintaining electronic files
- Answers phones and assists walk-in customers by assessing and interpreting customer needs
- Responds to customer’s request and/or identifies staff member who should respond
- Accepts, identifies, and processes loan payments and provides receipts to customers
- Provides standard information on rates, products, and insurance to customers
- Responds to customers’ various requests
- Provides online banking support to members and resolves issues
- Maintains customer relationship database
- Applies standard processes, policies and procedures to determine actions on various account maintenance activities, which may include:
- Posting receipts and disbursements daily
- Monitoring daily, monthly and year end reports
- Processing incoming and outgoing electronic transfers
- Releasing liens and returning paid notes
- Monitoring insurance documentation to ensure procedural requirements are met
- Requesting year end financials and ensuring data entry into the system
General knowledge of accounting principles, practices and methods
Skill in listening and conveying awareness of a customer's problem or issue to find resolution
Skill in utilizing a systematic approach to problem solving
Skill in interacting and working effectively with others
Skill in gathering, compiling and organizing information
Skill in performing a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature
Skill in utilizing technology to increase efficiency
Skill in establishing and maintaining cooperative working relationships with coworkers
Oral and written communication skills, sufficient to exchange information effectively with peers, supervisor and customers
Three to five years of comparable work experience in a lending environment; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
This position requires a high school degree.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@farmcreditIL.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.