The Compliance Specialist works to ensure the Association’s policies, procedures, documents and processes comply with applicable laws and Association guidelines.
Documents & Forms
- Drafts and modifies Association legal forms and other documents by incorporating staff feedback and reviewing legal and regulatory changes, with major changes to be approved by legal counsel
- Directs technical staff in the creation or modification of legal forms and other documents to be used on an Association-wide basis
- Creates and maintains the Association’s central forms library
Communication with Staff
- Develops and may deliver training related to legal and regulatory requirements
- Develops and may distribute appropriate communication and/or training with respect to new regulations, policies, procedures, processes and forms
- Provides regulatory counsel to Association staff upon request
- Provides advice to Association staff on the proper completion of loan documentation upon request
Policies & Procedures
- Works with substantive experts within the Association to develop appropriate policies, procedures, processes and forms to ensure Association compliance with regulatory and other requirements
- Reviews and revises all proposed policy and procedure revisions to ensure consistent organization, language, level of detail, formatting, etc.
- Maintains familiarity with applicable laws and regulations
- Works with the Legal Department to ensure procedures, processes and forms adhere to regulatory and other Association requirements
- Works with Association staff to develop and monitor necessary processes and controls to ensure compliance with regulatory and Association standards
- Maintains GRC (governance, risk management and compliance) software and other controls to ensure appropriate management of policies, procedures, third-party contracts, required compliance actions, etc.
Data Security and Confidentiality
- Appropriately protects the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the Association’s systems and data and clients’ data
- Knowledge of commercial and consumer lending terminology and documentation, chattel and real estate collateral processes, and title insurance
- Knowledge of business technology and data processing applications
- Ability to quickly gain working knowledge of federal and state laws and regulations relating to Association documents, such as the Farm Credit Act, consumer protection laws, the Uniform Commercial Code, etc.
- Ability to quickly gain knowledge of Association policies and procedures, loan programs and financially related services
- Ability to formulate logical and objective conclusions
- Ability to effectively communicate, both verbally and in writing, including the ability to effectively and concisely draft policies and procedures
- Skill in developing and maintaining good interpersonal relationships
- Skill in prioritizing and handling multiple projects at the same time
- Ability to identify and/or prevent problems before they occur and to formulate alternative solutions to problems when necessary
- Ability to initiate and complete duties on time and with precision
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Ag Finance, Paralegal, Library Science, or related field and a minimum of three years’ related Farm Credit or other financial institution experience; Or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to
perform the essential functions of the job. A higher experience level is welcomed.
While the headquarter office is located in Mahomet, Illinois, the position’s work location is negotiable. Competitive compensation & benefits provided.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at careers@farmcreditIL.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.